The Bystro community center works as a living social organism where people can:
- Organize and attend a wide range of cultural and social events (workshops, seminars, discussions, debates, concerts, exhibitions, …)
- Share, give, take, borrow, repair, or simply use in the center a wide range of tools and objects (library of things, books, musical instruments, board games…)
- Taste local and ecological drinks and food
Bystro is for …
… every human being regardless of sex, orientation, belief, race…
Everybody can organize events and participate in them.
However, Bystro members enjoy some benefits:
- Lower contribution for snacks and drinks, and our events
- Access to the Library of Things
- The right to participate in Bystro’s decision making
- Possibility to organize your own private event (on agreement)
- Food and stuff for free during or as a result of special events
Price of the membership is voluntary, with a minimum of 12€/year, average is 20€, and very nice is 30€ or more. Get registered upon arrival.
- To recreate sense of community
- To strengthen the local economy and promote local productions
- To offer a space to slow down, reflect on our role in the world and reconsider what a desirable life is in a world that places new technologies and rapidity as non-questionable progress.
- To offer space to share, exchange, discuss and cooperate in a world that is more and more about individualism and competition.
- To offer space for repairing, reusing, and mutually using tools and objects in a world that suffers from overproduction, overconsumption, and materialism.